75% of units at The Glyndebourne snapped up over weekend

A 150-unit freehold condominium, The Glyndebourne, met with good response over the weekend’s private preview.

City Developments (CDL) said in a statement that 75 per cent, or 112 units, of the development have been sold over the weekend.

The selling price ranged from S$1,900 to S$2,350 per square foot, giving an average price of about S$2,100 per square foot.

The development, which comprises eight towers of 5-storey residential apartments, is situated in District 11 on the site where the Copthorne Orchid Hotel Singapore currently stands on.

The site has an area of 180,000 square feet and is a mere 5-minute drive from the Orchard Road shopping belt, said CDL. It is also within walking distance to the upcoming Botanic Gardens and Stevens Road MRT Stations, which are scheduled for completion in 2015.

CDL’s group general manager, Chia Ngiang Hong, said: “Based on feedback from our buyers, the development’s excellent location and easy access to amenities is a key draw.

“Its freehold status, sizable plot of land and the array of well appointed, quality apartments with various sizes to cater to the differing needs of our clients are also plus points.”

He added that “The Glyndebourne offers exceptional value for a prime property in District 11”.

All 1-bedroom plus study, 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom plus study units have been snapped up. Ten out of the 23 penthouses have also been sold.

CDL said 70 per cent of the buyers are Singaporeans, with the remaining 30 per cent taken up by permanent residents and foreigners from Malaysia, US, Indonesia, China, India, Myanmar, Korea, Thailand, Taiwan and Brunei.

Source : Channel NewsAsia – 1 Nov 2010

Join The Discussion

Compare listings

Compare