Tag Archives: business

City Developments achieves record quarterly profit of S$410.5 million

City Developments (CDL) has booked a record S$410.5 million in net profit for the three months ended Dec 31 last year. The Singapore property developer’s net attributable profit after tax and non-controlling interests (PATMI) was up 6.6 per cent from … Continue reading

Posted in Developer News, General | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

CapitaLand Q4 net profit falls 39.5% to S$247.7 million

CapitaLand, one of South-East Asia’s largest property developers, said on Wednesday (Feb 17) its profit for the fourth quarter fell nearly 40 per cent from a year ago, hurt in part by the absence of gains recorded last year from … Continue reading

Posted in Developer News, General | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Keppel Corp says to consolidate asset management businesses

Keppel Corp will consolidate its interests in four asset management businesses under one subsidiary, saying the move will help expand its capital platform. The restructuring would not change the unit-holdings in the property trusts or investments in the funds, it … Continue reading

Posted in General | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Keppel Land buys stake in 112 Katong mall for S$51.4m

Keppel Land has acquired a 22.4 per cent stake in 112 Katong mall from BHG, Imagine Properties and Perennial Singapore Investment for S$51.4 million, Keppel Corp announced in a press release on Sunday (Jan 17). The remaining 77.6 per cent … Continue reading

Posted in Developer News, General, Office / Retail Space | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Ho Bee buys sixth office property in London

Local developer Ho Bee Land on Tuesday (Dec 1) said it will buy its sixth office property in London for £99 million (S$210 million), continuing its expansion in the UK. Called Apollo House and Lunar House, the property in Croydon, … Continue reading

Posted in Developer News, General, Overseas Property | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

CDL expands UK investments, acquires Stag Brewery site in London

Singapore-listed property firm City Developments Limited (CDL), through its subsidiary Reselton Properties Limited, has entered into a contract to acquire the £158 million (S$334.96 million) freehold Stag Brewery land site in Mortlake, southwest London. In a news release on Thursday … Continue reading

Posted in Developer News, General | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

CapitaLand ends discussions to buy Asia Square Tower 1

CapitaLand, South-east Asia’s biggest developer, says it has withdrawn from negotiations to buy Asia Square Tower 1. The company will continue to explore opportunities that allow it to generate required returns, it said in a statement today (Nov 4). CapitaLand … Continue reading

Posted in Developer News, General, Office / Retail Space | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Far East Hospitality to expand presence in region

Local hotel group Far East Hospitality announced on Thursday (Oct 22) that it will be expanding its presence in Singapore and the region. It will be opening three hotels and service residences under its Oasia brand in Singapore and Malaysia … Continue reading

Posted in General | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Roxy-Pacific to buy freehold residential site near Marine Parade

Property developer Roxy-Pacific has agreed to acquire a freehold residential site near Marine Parade for S$21.5 million, it said in a bourse filing on Wednesday. The plot, at 26 Sea Avenue, has a total land area of 19,474 sq ft … Continue reading

Posted in Developer News, General | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

CapitaLand Mall Trust to buy Bedok Mall for S$780m

CapitaLand Mall Trust (CMT), Singapore’s largest shopping mall trust, will buy Bedok Mall from sponsor CapitaLand in a deal that values the mall at S$780 million. The 222,500 square foot Bedok Mall, which opened in December 2013, is part of … Continue reading

Posted in Developer News, General, Office / Retail Space, REITS | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment